XPeng Motors is one of China’s leading smart electric vehicle (“EV”) company. We design, develop, manufactures and market smart EVs that are seamlessly integrated with advanced Internet, AI and autonomous driving technologies. We are committed to in-house R&D and intelligent manufacturing to create a better mobility experience for our customers. We strive to transform smart electric vehicles with technology and data, shaping the mobility experience of the future.
We are looking for a motivated Sr. Software Engineer – Deep Learning Infrastructure for developing software tools to ensure the quality of our production software. These tools include visualization software, computer vision, interprocess communications, record and replay of the software stack data, software build automations, static code analysis, code coverage, and integration with Continuous Integration.
You will be working with a team of best-in-class sensors, computer vision and AI systems and software engineers to ensure best localization performance on our autonomous vehicles. Your work will ensure that we deliver the most reliable mass market autonomous vehicle solution.
In this role, depending on preference and role fit, you will:
- Design and implement the state of the art deep learning platforms for distributed training and inference at large scale.
- Develop reliable, scalable and easy to use components to improve deep learning infra user experience and productivity.
- Deep dive into the root cause of deep learning infra failures and design clean solutions to improve infra stability.
- Profile deep learning training code to understand the performance bottleneck and figure out solutions to improve the performance.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver new features on time with high quality.
You'll learn the nitty-gritty details of the infrastructure to build ML models that actually works in the real world, design and implement ML infrastructure to enable Xmotor scale to many more cities and thousands of cars, directly interact with and enable many ML developers to achieve cutting-edge self-driving system.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent (in lieu of degree, relevant work experience). 3+ years of working experience in deep learning infrastructure.
- Deep understanding of deep learning infra internal implementations, such as PyTorch, Tensorflow.
- Strong software design and coding skills using Python/Java/Go/C++.
- Understand micro-service architecture, Restful API and gRPC.
- Passionate about self-driving technology; excellent communication skills and strong teamwork spirit.
- Experience working with Kubeflow, PyTorch, Horovod, MindSpore, Tensorflow.
- Experience in developing distributed deep learning platforms.
- Experience in KFServing / TFServing.
- Experience in GPU accelerations and AutoML.
- Contributing to popular open source projects.
What do we provide:
- A fun, supportive and engaging environment
- Opportunities to pursue and work on cutting edge technologies
- Competitive salary
- Snacks, lunches and fun activities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or marital status or any other prescribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.