Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate closely with a creative team of engineers and researchers.
- Analyze dependencies and interactions in a complex robotic system and creatively overcome limitations of individual components and sensor modalities through orchestration, fusion or design of missing links.
- Prototype and deploy robust and reliable solutions to cutting-edge perception problems.
- Gain a deep understanding of not only the self-driving technology, but also its real-world challenges and how to convert such technology into real products.
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- 5+ YOE with hands-on experience in robotics or autonomous systems projects (2+ years).
- Strong algorithm and C++ programming skills.
It’s preferred if you have:
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in robotics, autonomous systems or a related field.
- Extensive experience in robotics/autonomous systems.
- Industry research or production experience.
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.