Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Compute Team is tasked with a critical and exciting mission: We deliver the compute platform responsible for running the fully autonomous vehicle’s software stack. To achieve our mission, we architect and create high-performance custom silicon; we develop system-level compute architectures that push the boundaries of performance, power, and latency; and we collaborate closely with many other teammates to ensure we design and optimize hardware and software for maximum performance. We are a multidisciplinary team seeking curious and talented teammates to work on one of the world’s highest performance automotive compute platforms.
In this role, you'll:
- Architect, design, and implement compiler support for novel features of our unique neural network inference platform
- Analyze and enhance the behavior of existing compiler features to achieve optimal performance on state-of-the art neural networks
- Work together with model developers and hardware architects to improve the efficiency of inference hardware via software/hardware codesign
- Guide the development of future hardware solutions tailored to meet the needs of Waymo’s unique machine learning requirements
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience with compilers and parallel computing
- Strong C++ and/or Python programming skills
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with domain-specific compilers, especially if for neural networks
- Knowledge of computer architectures used for neural network inference, and neural network performance characteristics
- Knowledge of the principles behind popular machine learning and neural network algorithms and applications
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.