Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Compute Team is tasked with a critical and exciting mission: We deliver the compute platform responsible for running the fully autonomous vehicle’s software stack. To achieve our mission, we architect and create high-performance custom silicon; we develop system-level compute architectures that push the boundaries of performance, power, and latency; and we collaborate closely with many other teammates to ensure we design and optimize hardware and software for maximum performance. We are a multidisciplinary team seeking curious and talented teammates to work on one of the world’s highest performance automotive compute platforms.
In this role, you'll:
- Work with researchers and architects to translate high level requirements into hardware features
- Specify, architect, and design hardware to deliver world class ML performance
- Perform power, area and performance trade-off analyses and optimization of digital designs
- Design high performance arithmetic circuits and execution units
- Create and run software that tests digital designs for functionality and performance
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of industry experience with SystemVerilog, RTL design and microarchitecture
- Knowledge of computer architecture, CPU microarchitecture and control state machines
- Fluency in at least one high level programming language such as Python, C++
It’s preferred if you have:
- Master's or PhD degree in Engineering
- Experience designing datapath elements in CPUs, GPUs or other high performance compute elements
- Experience working with Chisel (Scala) or other hardware DSLs
- Working knowledge of Machine learning, Computer vision or Image processing algorithms
- Experience with the full digital design verification cycle — from spec through bring-up
- Experience with performance and power validation, and formal verification
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.