Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's autonomous driving technology, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
Waymo's Compute Team is tasked with a critical and exciting mission: We deliver the compute platform responsible for running the fully autonomous vehicle’s software stack. To achieve our mission, we architect and create high-performance custom silicon; we develop system-level compute architectures that push the boundaries of performance, power, and latency; and we collaborate closely with many other teammates to ensure we design and optimize hardware and software for maximum performance. We are a multidisciplinary team seeking curious and talented teammates to work on one of the world’s highest performance automotive compute platforms.
In this role, you'll:
- Architect, simulate, and design amazing machine learning solutions for our self-driving cars
- Interact with cross functional engineering teams to identify opportunities and requirements
- Drive partnerships for access to the most advanced technologies
- Build scalable tools for modeling and performance evaluation
- Architect ML solutions to best suit Waymo’s unique requirements
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 4+ years as a silicon or compute architect
- 1+ years of experience with ML architectures, acceleration and optimization
- Experience with CPUs, GPUs, memory systems, and accelerators
- Experience with performance simulation and modeling in C++
- Experience driving power-powerformance-area trades
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with SystemVerilog and HLS implementation
- Experience with SoC interconnects and NoCs
- Experience with frequency and power optimizations
- Familiarity with video, DSP, Ethernet, and PCIe
Note: The following is only applicable for roles hired in the US. As we keep the safety of our employees and our communities top of mind, COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be a critical prevention measure to help end the pandemic. Because of this, Waymo requires all US-based employees who perform work onsite for Waymo to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to be vaccinated, Waymo will provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable law.