Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
– Contribute and build the self-driving engineering foundations to develop the next generation autonomy software across several machine learning projects.
– Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Research Scientists using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
– Implement and improve machine learning training and inference pipelines.
– Make iterations on the models for improvements.
– Identify, propose and build infrastructure, data and computation pipelines, data storage strategies, common libraries and useful tools needed to optimize research and development of deep-learning models.
– MS/PhD or Bachelors degree with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience in Computer Science, Robotics and/or similar technical field(s) of study.
– Solid coding proficiency in Python or C++.
– Some experience in reading and developing production quality software, versus only creating prototypes/proof of concepts.
– Experience in software architecture, system performance, latency and data flow.
– Experience in Machine Learning.
– Understanding of parallel machine learning training and model deployment (e.g., TensorRT conversion).
– Ability to productionize machine learning models.
– Experience building software solutions on cloud infrastructure.
– Ability to rapidly prototype and test new algorithms.
– Solid problem solving skills using linear algebra, geometry, statistics & probability.
– Open-minded and collaborative team player with willingness to help others.
– Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
Bonus/nice to have:
– Experience designing and implementing tools for automated model tuning and hyper-parameter optimization, as well as experiment analysis.
– Experience in Deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow.
– Experience with automated testing.
– Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.