Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Software Engineer L3, experienced with Data Analytics, to join the Email Platform BU. This person will be a part of a team of talented engineers who build end-to-end data processing and persistence solutions that deliver high performance services at a very large scale.
This position is ideal for a self-learner and self-starter individual who can operate independently to solve common coding problems, and has a good understanding and experience working in a software development life cycle.
Building a platform requires people from a variety of engineering backgrounds. Twilio is looking for Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 4+ years of software development experience at a fast paced, software delivery company
- Hands-on experience in SQL and object oriented programming languages.
- Experience working in the areas of data ingestion, data analytics, or distributed databases.
- Understanding of cloud technologies and experience in at least one cloud platform: AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience building and operating distributed systems at high scale.
- Track record of delivering systems with operational excellence; dependable, reliable, highly available.
- Highly effective collaboration skills – you work with your team towards common goals.
- Self-driven – you take complete ownership of your tasks and champion efforts to get your tasks to completion.
- Experience with Containers/Kubernetes and Docker.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar experience
As a Software Engineer, you will you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE INCLUSIVE, EMPOWER OTHERS: Work in a small, high-impact, diverse team.
- DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with the team to tackle complex problems in distributed computing
- BE AN OWNER: Build and operate your team's services in a distributed production environment in the DevOps model; Ensure quality by writing unit, integration, and load tests.
- DON’T SETTLE, RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Constantly look for areas of improvement in processes, system and optimize. Be an advocate for balancing tech debt and feature development
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Your team will ship reliable features at scale that delight your customers. You will get to know your customers and walk in their shoes. How will you listen to your customers’ challenges, see opportunities, craft solutions, and deliver the right value at the right time?
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure customer trust and service reliability remain at the forefront of our priorities
- WRITE IT DOWN: Craft clear and concise documentation
- BE BOLD: Be creative, take your own initiative and solve some of our most challenging problems
The Twilio SendGrid Email Platform is responsible for delivering about 3 billion emails a day. As an engineer on the Email Platform team you will have hands-on impact in building and operating our high-scale email system that continues to grow at a substantial rate year-over-year.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Irvine, CA office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,320 – $181,940
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks