See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as our next Data Analyst (L3).
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is looking for a Data Analyst to build the future of conversational messaging as part of the Advanced Communications Platform. Working side-by-side with product managers and senior business leaders, you will provide the analysis and tools that will help define the strategy and drive execution for Advanced Communications at Twilio. The Advanced Communications Platform is building developer and consumer products to help customers scale and deploy new interactive messaging experiences worldwide. In this role, you will develop deep expertise regarding the future of rich communications on WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Google Business Messages/RCS, Apple Business Chat, and other new channels.
As a Data Analyst, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Determine requirements to drive the execution of new analysis projects, forecasts, and dashboards with engineering, design, and operations counterparts.
- DRAW THE OWL: Design and launch robust data processing pipelines, integrations, and dashboards while simultaneously optimizing for performance and stakeholder requirements. Investigate complex product and operational issues, design experiments, and make recommendations
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Work directly with business leaders (directors, product managers, and engineering managers) to define and own the datasets, reports, dashboards they need to run their product organizations.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work across Twilio teams to share knowledge, train team members, and improve internal processes.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Clearly communicate results with attention to detail, accuracy, and context.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years experience in a data analyst role
- 3+ years experience writing complex SQL statements
- 3+ years experience working with tools like Looker, Tableau, Hive, Presto, Kibana, etc.
- Track record of making recommendations based on data analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- You have analyzed complex problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters
- You are curious, collaborative, humble, and empathetic
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams
- Experience managing products at various stages of maturity, from legacy to greenfield
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, and mobility
- Experience with statistical analysis in Python or R is a plus
- Experience with AI/ML is a plus
This role will be Remote – US.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is 90,320.00 – $112,900
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.