Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
HD Map data is the major offline data on a running autonomous driving vehicle that makes L4 autonomous driving possible. As a Senior Big Data Infrastructure Engineer on the TuSimple Maps team, you will develop our critical infrastructure systems and frameworks for storing large volumes of both structured and unstructured data, and providing scalable services such as search, data processing, and analytics. Your work will empower the whole autonomous driving pipeline, both the algorithm research side and the engineering development side, with access to a large volume and variety of map data.
- Develop robust and scalable data management systems for storing and indexing large volumes of both structured and unstructured data.
- Develop robust and highly scalable data infrastructure for searching.
- Develop data infrastructure and framework for processing data at a very large scale.
- Monitoring data performance and modifying infrastructure as needed.
- Define data retention policies.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule.
- At least 5+ years of experience in building and launching very large-scale data infrastructure production systems.
- Expert knowledge in large scale data management systems in both RDBMS such as Postgres, and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra or HBase.
- Structured and full-text indexing and search domain knowledge, experience with search technology such as Elasticsearch.
- Experience with design, develop, and deploy large-scale internet services in public cloud such as AWS.
- Experience with big data processing frameworks such as Hadoop or Spark.
- Experience in monitoring large scale data infrastructure system performance and troubleshooting incidents, identifying root cause, and implementing solutions.
- Good communication skills and team player.
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Up to a 30% discretionary bonus.
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training.
- Company paid gym membership.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
This role could be located in San Diego, CA/SF Bay Area/Seattle,WA, remote work friendly during COVID-19.