About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you’ll do:
Direct the use of machine language and statistical modeling techniques to improve performance, quality, data management and accuracy. Applies deep learning technologies to give computers the capability to visualize, learn and respond to complex situations. Adapt machine learning to areas such as simulation and sensor log replay, artificial intelligence, robotics, and other products that allow users to have an interactive experience.
- Lead and grow multiple teams of engineers and engineering managers
- Ensure “best in class” engineering practices are adopted and followed, and the quality of the product offerings meet or exceed expectations.
- Drive strategic planning, vision setting and establishing scalable processes for execution
- Investigate, incorporate, and develop industry best practices and learnings to ensure continued Torc leadership in the field of Machine Learning.
- Fostering and reinforcing a culture of continuous learning and relentless process improvement.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or other related fields. Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of software development experience, 5+ years experience with Big Data Development and System Administration.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Advanced Analytics, AI and Machine Learning models.
- 3+ years leading high performance engineering research and development teams.
- Strong Technical skills with analytic applications, technologies, and concepts such as Data Warehouses, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Technology.
- Strong experience with Linux, Networking and Virtualization.
- Strong leadership skills to manage and grow a diverse dynamic engineering team through both formal processes and hands-on management.
- Track record of delivering complex technical projects
Perks of Being a Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation