About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you’ll do:
In support of our scenario based testing approach, you will create a comprehensive understanding of real world traffic. You will be responsible for the further development and application of a scenario identification pipeline and you will develop methods to find the unknown unknowns. This knowledge is the central pillar of our digital scenario based verification and validation strategy.
- You develop and implement data engineering as well as data science methods to identify unknown scenarios
- Enhance our scenario identification pipeline
- Develop algorithms for automated evaluation of real world data such as time series from raw sensor data
- Ensure the quality of the identification pipeline
- Close cooperation with test strategy, closed loop simulation and systems engineering for an integrated verification and validation concept
- Cooperate with all members of the autonomous development team to understand their data needs and make this data available and processable
- Interact with German and international companies and organizations to foster strategic partnerships
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies in the field of autonomous-driving and data analytics
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Master of Science degree with 3+ years of working experience or a PhD in computer science, natural sciences, engineering or related field
- Advanced IT and programming skills
- Proficiency in Python (especially in libraries such as Pandas and Numpy)
- Experience in data science and signal processing
- Business fluent English language skills
- Enthusiasm to take on new challenges and learn new skills
- Willingness to work in an international team including ability to interact with remote locations over different time zones
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Hands-on in cloud computing (AWS, Amazon Quicksight, Athena)
- Experience CI/CD (Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform), software testing (code quality) as well as databases
- Scrum or scaled agile development
- Familiarity with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Experience in scenario based testing, traffic simulation, optimization and software-in-the-loop (SIL) simulation
- Business fluent German Skills