About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you will be responsible to search for additional drive data from heterogeneous sources to improve our traffic scenario knowledge and foster strategic partnerships. You will also evaluate the value of new data sources and explore possible integration into our existing processing pipeline. To fulfil this role you are in close collaboration with domain experts throughout the whole organization.
The knowledge you provide will be the central pillar of our digital scenario based verification and validation strategy for the virtual driver.
- Screen the market for potential data sources and partners to obtain drive data
- Align requirements with internal and external stakeholders
- Determine how to utilize new data sources in our organization
- Conduct initial proof-of-concepts with external partners
- Create data format description and determine further data processing
- Ensure data quality and identify risks
- Close cooperation with test strategy, IT-infrastructure, closed loop simulation and systems engineering for an integrated verification and validation concept
- Cooperation with all members of autonomous development team to understand their data needs and make this data available and processable
- Interact with German and international companies and organizations to foster strategic partnerships
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies in the field of autonomous-driving and data analytics
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Master of Science degree with 3+ years of working experience or a PhD in computer science, natural sciences, engineering or related field
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Excellent analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Advanced IT and programming skills
- Experience in data filtering and data processing
- Business fluent German and English language skills
- Enthusiasm to take on new challenges and learn new skills
- Willingness to work in an international team including ability to interact with remote locations over different time zones
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Proficiency in Python (especially in libraries such as Pandas and Numpy)
- Scrum or scaled agile development
- Experience in scenario based testing, traffic simulation, optimization and software-in-the-loop (SIL) simulation