About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you'll do:
We are seeking a Software Engineer Cloud Co-Op to help analyze, model, visualize, and interpret data that is retrieved from self-driving trucks. You will be responsible for working closely with engineers to drive the technical road map of infrastructure operations that supports both internal development and remote fleet management.
- Work with teams responsible for applied data science and analytics to analyze, model, and interpret enterprise-scale data sets.
- Design and implement data modeling algorithms using machine learning techniques and industry-standard tools and processes.
- Create visualizations that provide insight into trends and patterns of interest.
- Expand knowledge of big data technologies and the use of cloud platforms for modeling and analytics.
Candidate is expected to work 40 hours a week during the duration of their co-op.
Must be willing to be based locally in Blacksburg, VA for duration of Co-Op.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Candidate must be a full-time student currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, with data science concentration.
- 0-2 years of experience
- Basic knowledge of Linux platforms
- Basic software development experience
- Familiarity with Cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Basic knowledge of software development process, from requirements-gathering to design, implementation, and testing.