Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Are you bready for a change?
Toast is a leading provider of technology solutions for restaurants and is growing rapidly to provide our customers, their employees, and their guests the technology solutions they need to thrive. As Toast grows in this mission, so does the need for high quality enterprise data to support all areas of our business as they make decisions and forge new paths in the restaurant technology space. Thus enters Toast’s Data Infrastructure and Performance (DIP) team to support and enable our internal business stakeholders.
About this roll:
- A member of our 15 person DIP team within the larger Enterprise Application Technology department, rolling up to Toast’s Chief Information Officer
- Will bring experience and enthusiasm to the DE squad, focusing on project planning, career development and team road map and prioritization for Data Engineering (DE) Team
- DE team is the team that builds, maintains and supports our enterprise Data Warehouse as it scales to support a rapidly growing company
Do you have the right ingredients:
- 3+ years professional experience in an enterprise Data Engineering or Data Operations role
- 1+ years directly managing individual contributors, or serving in a mentor/team lead capacity and a strong desire to focus on team development
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge of Cloud Data Warehousing concepts (we use Snowflake)
- Knowledge of a scripting language (we use Python)
- Strong data modeling skills – understanding the use case and delivering robust pipelines to answer questions of today and tomorrow
- Familiarity with orchestration tools and version control tools (we use Airflow and github)
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical folks and vice versa
- Familiarity with extracting and interacting with data from common enterprise SaaS products (eg Salesforce, Workday, etc)
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.