The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize and develop emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow technically, professionally, and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by including them in projects that are critical to their team’s success. Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, our interns have a seat at the table and make critical decisions that will influence not only their team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- DSP (Digital signal processing) for sensors: In this team your role will be focused on classical signal processing and estimation techniques for a variety of sensors. A strong depth in linear algebra and digital signal processing will be a key requirement for this role, as well as experience in a high-level prototyping language such as Matlab or Python
- Embedded DSP firmware implementation: In this team your role will be more focused on implementing the algorithms in embedded firmware in C or C++. Ability to optimize algorithms for compute limited scenarios, exploiting machine level parallelism and familiarity/interest in embedded programming is a key requirement.
- Machine learning and classification for sensors: In this team your role will be to research and develop machine learning and classification techniques for a variety of sensor applications in the car. A strong depth in machine learning / neural networks and experience in a high-level prototyping language such as Matlab or Python is required.
- Bayesian estimation and tracking algorithms: Candidate would be expected to have strong mathematical background in Bayesian estimation techniques, Kalman Filtering and methods. Ability to protype algorithms in Python and familiarity with C++ would be a strong plus.
- Audio signal processing: Audio team seeks candidates with strong fundamental DSP skills, linear algebra, statistical processing, and machine learning to tackle various problems in adaptive filters, acoustics, speech enhancement, sound detection, and music playback applications. The ideal candidate is fluent in MATLAB and python, and enjoys realizing and optimizing audio processing code in embedded C, modern C++, and keeps up to date with software engineering best practices.
- Working towards MS, or PhD degree in a relevant engineering program such as Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science / Engineering (or other majors with related experiences)
- Strong Matlab or python programming skills, familiarity with common python packages
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms, familiarity with robotics algorithms such as Kalman Filter, Particle Filter, SLAM. Strong training of math (probability, statistics, linear algebra).
- Experience in embedded C/C++ programming, board bring-up, profiling, optimization, simulation, and various levels of testing (SW only, HW/SW integration, etc.)
- Demonstration of good understanding of software fundamentals including software design, algorithm development, data structures, code modularity, and maintainability.
- Very strong mathematical skills in probability, advanced linear algebra and calculus
- Good data analysis and data visualization skills would be a huge plus
- Strong fundamentals, critical thinking, results-driven, product-oriented mindset, self-driven, good communication skills and great learning capabilities.
- This location of this role will be in Palo Alto, CA – must be able to relocate for the duration of the internship.