Tesla is seeking a Lead Robotics Systems Design/Integration Engineer.
This engineer will act as the system expert during design, bring-up and ramp of
the Tesla Bot. This engineer is responsible for ensuring product functions are
successfully achieved by the integrated subsystems as they interact in the
context of the whole robot.
- Distill product requirements into quantifiable constraints
and actionable engineering systems design discussions
- Battery, sensing, communications, actuator integration
- Define system level test plan for hardware and software
- Use field data to improve design and performance of the
- As a system expert, one must be able to:
- Be responsible for overall functional and performance
readiness of a system and its features during the full product life cycle.
- Develop early system prototypes to de-risk new technologies
- Highlight and resolve n-th order impacts of electrical and
- Triage and debug hardware and software interactions during
design, launch, and deployment
- Manage program priorities and support a host of projects
- Bachelor’s degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in systems design, systems
architecture, systems integration, or related electro-mechanical systems.
- Strong electrical and embedded systems fundamentals
- Hands-on technical experience debugging complex subsystems
involving network microprocessors and software-controlled electrical or
- Ability to read and interpret C/C++ or similar embedded
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in MATLAB, Python, or equivalent tools for
modeling and analysis
- Proficient in data visualization