The Robotics Engineer, will have extensive theoretical and hands-on experience in all facets of robotic applications used in Manufacturing, as well as experience managing new product introductions, equipment projects (new installations) and process optimization, upgrades & modifications. Experience with multiple robot brands is desired.
- Responsibility for designing/selecting robotic systems.
- Creating simulations and offline programs with Process Simulate.
- Responsible for continuous process optimization.
- Advanced robot programming including DCS, Kuka Safe.
- Develop custom robot application code to interface with new technologies.
- Support maintenance team in troubleshooting difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures.
- Project management: both internal maintenance projects, and major contractor projects.
- Develop procedures and maintain proper documentation related to robotics systems.
- BS in mechatronics engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years extensive experience Robotic programming and applications.
- Excellent robotic high level and back ground programming skills on Fanuc, KUKA, ABB or equivalent brands.
- Hands on experience commissioning and programming industrial robots
- Robotic mechanical and electrical trouble shooting skills.
- Experience with Robot simulation packages as well as off-line programing using Robcad, Delmia 3DX or Process Simulate (preferred).
- Virtual commissioning experience of a robotics system is a plus.
- Knowledge on programming languages such as Python, Java, C, C++, HTML, ROS
- Experience on robotics applications such as Spot Weld, Stud Weld, Adhesive, Self Piercing Rivet, Vision, Arc Weld, Roll hemming.
- Experience on Automotive industries is a plus.
- Good overall people management skills.
- Proficient in CAD.
- PLC programming knowledge is a plus.