Tesla is searching for a passionate database engineer to join our highly innovative Infrastructure engineering team. The ideal candidate would have good understanding of multiple database technologies to support different RDBMS/NoSQL database based applications. You will be helping us building next generation data platform where we can deliver data related services on demand basis while reducing our infrastructure footprint. In this highly paced and dynamic role, you will work closely with the development and product engineering teams to design a robust, highly available and scalable data platform to ensure 99.999 % availability to our applications.
- Architect and implement highly available and scalable data platform across multiple data centers using different technologies like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Mongo DB and other databases.
- Help automate and build self-service data platform to deliver database as a service to engineering teams.
- Work with engineering team to design optimized schema to ensure data consistency and reliability.
- Help architect and build a platform that can be maintained with zero downtime using right failover tools.
- Perform Database installation, upgrades, capacity planning, data migration across multiple data centers and multiple database server architectures/systems.
- Design and implement High Availability and Disaster Recovery solution to minimize database downtime for planned/unplanned outages.
- Use/Develop database automation tools to automate existing database tasks.
- Respond appropriately to emergency support situations and produce quick and effective solutions to database technical problems under high pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related IT field preferred.
- Strong knowledge on MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis and other open source databases.
- Knowledge of other databases like MSSQL, Oracle, and Mongo a huge plus.
- Expertise in setting up replication, backups, monitoring, Database tuning and SQL tuning.
- Strong troubleshooting and proactive analytical skills to ensure minimum downtime of production databases.
- Strong Shell /Python and SQL scripting to automate DB related jobs.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Nagios, Fog light, MySQL Enterprise Monitoring.
- Proven ability to work independently or as an integral member of a team.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills – ability to work with development teams.