The Data and Analytics, Applications Engineering team drives business critical decision making, and ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution for all of Tesla. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with strong day-to-day operations and build capabilities to power hyper-growth.
As the Data Analyst, you will partner with members of the Data and Analytics team and its leadership in Applications Engineering to provide critical analysis operations to support our demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on critical subsystems of an incredibly exciting product.
· Assist with implementation, maintenance and documentation of the internal Data and Analytics and reporting processes.
· Research and keep abreast of rapidly evolving data requirements, ensuring necessary system and process changes are implemented to meet these requirements.
· Identify potential process improvements and recommend implementation strategies.
· Educate business team on procedures when rolling out new initiatives.
· Develop and demonstrate expertise in communicating data related topics, including reporting.
· Work cross functionally across business teams including HR, Service, Supply Chain, Logistics, Financials, and Sales.
· Analyze the need for new applications or enhancements to the existing application to suit business needs and make decisions if they are needed or not.
· Recommend solutions that adhere to industry standards, keeping in mind the impact on upstream and downstream system and stakeholders.
· Closely monitor the project from inception to completion and assist in User Acceptance Testing.
· Work on special projects related to data as assigned.
· Continuously improve SQL and python skills, helping you automate repetitive work and multiply yourself
· On-call support, where needed.
· 2+ years of prior experience as Systems/Data/Product/Program Analyst.
· Must be proficient in SQL.
· Expertise in key deliverables such as Project Plans, Business Requirement Documents, Functional requirements, Use Cases, System Sequence Diagrams.
· Ability to support multiple on-going projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving ability to design an effective solution.
· Ability to explain financial/technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
· Strong communicational skills, organizational skills, negotiation skills, and flexibility to address competing demands.
· Working knowledge of data management software like Airflow, or other ETL tools a plus.
· Experience with bug/enhancement tracking system like JIRA a plus.
· 2+ years in cross-functional project management experience.
· Superior business judgement – ability to flex between big picture thinking, understand and distill complex ideas, and analyze data to drive strategic objectives.
· Problem solver that is action-oriented with the ability to look at problems in new ways.
· Trustworthy and discreet with extremely sensitive non-public information.
· Passion for Tesla’s products and belief in Tesla’s mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy
· Location – Austin, Texas (USA)
Nice to have:
· Experience in project management, Jira
· Experience with Tableau, Data Warehousing, Data Modeling
· Capable of leading a technical team