Senior Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer at Tanium, you’ll be responsible and accountable for all aspects of Tanium’s data warehouse and associated data pipelines. You will be directly involved in data governance and business enablement as well as planning for data architecture and underlying tooling strategies. This also includes the design, development and upkeep of engagement strategies and technical resources necessary to support the centralized and decentralized BI functions operating across Tanium. The role requires solid experience leading teams, designing and developing data models, system integrations and data analysis. You will work closely with business stakeholders, enterprise architects, security architects and the business systems teams to explore the overall data landscapes and how they can be leveraged to provide valuable insights for business leaders.
This is a hands-on role and you will be expected to perform as an individual contributor and hands on resource.
What you’ll do:
- Own and be accountable for the health, architecture, and usage of Tanium’s Enterprise Data Warehouse (Snowflake)
- Design and develop database objects to support ingesting, storing and reporting on various data sources
- Design data pipelines and related infrastructure, ensuring reliable & optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements including optimizing data delivery, automating manual processes, and improving governance and data quality
- Lead the team to develop, enhance and support a self-service model for decentralized analytics teams
- Work with key stakeholders to polish and enhance the collection and calculation of key business performance metrics, in addition to addressing data-related technical issues
- Design and develop robust, scalable and secure integrations between the Data Warehouse and other applications in the IT ecosystem
- Maintain a culture of transparency, accountability, and efficiency within the Business Systems organization and with all stakeholders
- Align and execute compliance mandates as necessary, including GDPR, CMMC and execution of ISO27001 policies and procedures
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products and services
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering or business or equivalent degree and experience
- 10+ years in a Data Engineering/Architecture role with solid experience in data architecture, database design, pipeline design, data management and data integration responsibilities
- 10+ years of experience with relational NoSQL and SQL databases
- Expertise with workflow management and pipeline tools
- Expertise with ETL and ELT tools
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with data warehousing and/or data modelling
- Strong background as a developer using tools like C, C#, C++, PLSql
- Strong skills in Python and AWS
- Attention to detail and strong understanding of how data solves for analytical and operational use cases in Marketing, Sales, Finance, Product development. Skilled in collecting, documenting, and prioritizing requirements in an Agile framework, and responding to input from multiple sources (customers, testers, engineering, competitive products, management, etc.)
- 10+ years of experience leading software engineering teams
- Proven experience in leading and delivering complex projects
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and projects
- Experience with Business Systems and back-office applications
These will be a Plus:
- Hands-on experience of core software development languages like C, C#, Java, Python
- Hands-on experience with Data Pipeline tools like Fivetran, DBT/DBT Cloud and/or Airflow
- Hands-on experience with ETL/ELT tools like Dell Boomi, Informatica, Mulesoft, Workato
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce, CPQ, Apttus, Netsuite, SuccessFactors
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake or other data warehouse platforms
- Hands-on experience with PowerBI or other visualization tools
- Familiarity with Kanban and/or Agile methodology
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date, to the extent allowed by applicable law. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.