Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The privacy products team is focused on building trust with our users and their customers with respect to their data. We do this by building products that provide transparency and control to our users around Stripe’s data privacy practices.
What you'll do
You’ll be responsible for solutions that make it easy for users to understand and take control of their Stripe data. What you build will pull from all of Stripe’s products and services. The role requires collaborating with product engineering teams, understanding both their systems and data as well as their goals and priorities. With this knowledge, you’ll lead the team in designing and implementing privacy products that are surprisingly great to interact with.
- Design, build, and operate products that provide data privacy transparency, consent, and control
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term plans making tradeoffs that consider privacy, empowering Stripe’s users, and sustainable technical foundations
- Thoughtfully align our technical decisions with Stripe’s broad strategic initiatives, while also advocating for privacy-centric design choices
- Work with engineers across the company to understand how best to provide users control over their data and privacy
- Teach and mentor both individual contributors and managers to become the next generation of leaders at Stripe. As a senior member on a new team, you will be looked to for guidance
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Empathy, strong communication skills, and a deep respect for the power of collaboration
- Experience building SaaS products that really, really, really care about users having a good experience
- Working knowledge of a variety of data store technologies (e.g. relational databases, NoSQL, unstructured)
- The ability to drive clear next steps when encountering ambiguity without clear lines of ownership
- High standards for code quality and a constructive attitude to help others raise the bar
- A knack for considering how systems can fail and how to fix them
- An ability to think creatively and holistically about reducing risk in a complex environment