Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
- In this role, you’d be joining the Workplace, Data Analyst team.
- Our team is responsible for incorporating more data sources, conducting analysis, producing dashboards and reports.
What you’ll do
In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to impact and help improve the quality and completeness of our core datasets. You'll define metrics that illuminate the nuances of complex work patterns and behavior, and maintain high standards of data security, privacy, and confidentiality using techniques such as aggregation, deidentification, or pseudonymization. You'll work closely with cross-functional teams to provide analytics support for regular leadership reporting activities and quarterly Future of Work research reporting.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of office utilization, and other datasets, to deliver insights to workplace colleagues, leadership, and cross-functional partners across Stripe
- Facilitate data integration and transformation requirements for moving data between various systems, including incorporation into the People & Places data infrastructure
- Design, build, and optimize Tableau dashboards, SQL queries and interfaces to provide internal customers with usable, reliable, and accessible data
- Support and resolve system incidents or urgent requests when they occur
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 3+ years of experience in a data analyst, a business intelligence engineer, data science, or similar role(s)
- Proficiency conducting advanced analyses and building user-friendly dashboards in Tableau
- Mastery of SQL and a strong understanding of data relationships and relational databases with large datasets
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders
- High attention to detail including precise and effective communications
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and frequently changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, or a related technical field
- Prior experience working with workplace or real-estate datasets, such as utilization data, occupancy sensor platforms, and commute analysis
- Proficiency in R, Python, or another statistical programming language
- Proficiency with Informatica, Airflow, and other data pipeline tools
- Good understanding of the development process and best practices (e.g. sprint planning, coding standards, code reviews, testing and validation) with an appreciation for maintaining a high quality bar with low operational overhead
- Prior experience at a growth stage internet or software company