Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. The Risk team plays a critical role in helping keep Stripe and its users safe.
What you’ll do
- Act as an embedded partner to the Risk Partnerships team, helping them to identify and answer questions with data
- Create analyses that tell a story focused on actionable insights, not just data
- Provide valuable insights through ad-hoc analyses, as well as drive long-terms projects
- Develop key performance metrics for the business, and be in charge of visualization design and implementation
- Work cross-functionally with different engineering, product and business teams
- Communicate key findings to leadership and make recommendations around risk and product strategies
- Build and improve data ETL pipelines to collect new data and refine existing data sources
Who you are
We are looking for a talented data analyst to partner with the Risk Partnerships team. The Risk Partnerships team ensures Stripe’s products and services comply with financial partner requirements and manages ecosystem risk (such as portfolio fraud chargeback rates). For instance, you may help the Partnerships team to bring the number of high chargeback merchants down in a scalable way by building observability and analyzing the effectiveness of different transaction level interventions (e.g. 3DS). If you are data curious and motivated by making a high impact on the business, we want to hear from you!
- A degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Math, Sciences, Engineering)
- 3+ years of data analysis experience
- Extensive experience and passion for metrics and dashboards visualizations
- Highly skilled at writing SQL to query relational databases
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Spark and R or Python
- Experience in building scalable ETL solutions utilizing SQL, Presto, Spark and other tools
- Experience working with multiple cross-functional teams to deliver results