Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Finance Engineering team has the charter of owning the Last Mile Delivery of Financial Data for the purpose of supporting and facilitating business decisions. We seek to redefine day-to-day work through thoughtful automation while seamlessly scaling with changing business needs.
What you'll do
Data Analysts on the Finance Engineering team build data pipelines, tools, BI dashboards, and SQL queries to support data consumers such as Accounting, Financial & Strategy, and Business Leaders. The use cases include financial reporting and statements, accounting close & auditing, core business metrics, financial forecasting, and financial data analytics.
- Collaborate across the company, including finance teams and product teams, to analyze and provide data insights for billions of dollars moving through the Stripe platform.
- Build scalable automation solutions utilizing SQL and various data visualization tools.
- Facilitate data integration and transformation requirements for moving data between systems
- Be the subject matter expert for Finance and Accounting data management including data integrity, data models, queries, etc.
- Design, build, and optimize dashboards, SQL queries and interfaces to provide internal customers with usable, reliable, and toil-reducing means of data consumption.
- Participate in on-call rotations to assist with high-priority data-related technical issues and support data infrastructure needs
- Work with Software Engineering counterparts to ensure our systems are scalable, available and highly secure
- Provide analytics support during Accounting Close periods and help resolve impactful incidents
- Frequently engage with partners in Finance Org to develop Flux Analysis Dashboards to detect and report on outliers, spikes and Data Quality issues
- Assist in development of processes that increase Data Discoverability and reduce unwanted Redundancy and Report Fragmentation
- Mentor junior Data Analysts and uplevel Team’s technical skill level
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, or a related technical field.
- 3+ years of experience in a data analyst, a business intelligence engineer, or a data science role.
- Expert knowledge of SQL.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective communications.
- Hyper focus on and intuition for understanding the underlying needs of the business.
- Working knowledge of Airflow or some other scheduling tool
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Familiar with data visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Prior experience with writing and debugging data pipelines using a distributed data framework (Hadoop/Spark/Pig/etc.)
- Prior experience at a growth stage internet or software company.
- Good understanding of the development process and best practices (e.g. sprint planning, coding standards, code reviews, testing and validation) with an appreciation for maintaining a high quality bar with low operational overhead.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn general finance standards and processes, such as accounting close, financial statements, auditing, financial planning, and analysis