DATA ANALYTICS DEVELOPER, CUSTOMER SUCCESS
REMOTE INITIALLY BUT WILL MOVE TO HYBRID
Do you like solving business problems with data? Are you inspired to use data to inform behavior and strategy? Then this is the job for you! With Splunk’s incredible year over year growth, we need to ensure we are aligned for continued growth and scale. Our Customer Success organization needs a creative and skilled analyst to roll up their sleeves (and data) to provide visibility into capacity and effectiveness.
As a Data Analytics Developer you will be turning large/disparate sets of data into actionable insights. You will be a designer and implementer of key metrics and analytics for the Customer Success organization. These metrics will be used to understand and drive efficient sales motion, customer success and standard methodologies. The applicant has a demonstrated ability to collaborate with partners, develop target metrics, design a data collection mechanism, and build compelling reports and visualizations. Business decisions will be made from insights gained through the intelligent analysis of data.
- Design and maintain reports and dashboards to track and communicate key performance indicators (both leading and lagging meaningful metrics) to all levels of the organization
- Work in a team environment to figure out behaviors and goals we want to measure and build easy to understand dashboard visualizations
- Ensure critical metrics align to the company’s and organization’s initiatives and strategy
- Identify key data sources and collection mechanisms to collect and improve data needed
- Conduct modeling to understand correlation between Customer Success services and lagging indicators
- Guide business decisions through interpretation of data trends, develop data visualizations to illustrate key findings
- Aggressively find opportunities to improve our enablement or execution to reduce ramp and/or increase bookings
- Provide enablement to partners on dashboards and reports
- Monitor dashboards and reports to ensure continued and consistent use
- Help establish and improve the frameworks and processes used to ensure relevance and continued alignment to business requirements
- Document the metrics framework
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of similar experience; BA/BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Information Systems is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in Business Intelligence, data and/or statistical analysis
- Strong statistical analysis and modeling skills
- Experience building rapport with internal and external clients
- Solid interpersonal skills with ability to translate complex ideas
- Customer service-focused and open to learning new skills
- Design skills and experience with web design
- Experience with XML, CSS, SQL/SOQL and RegEx
- Hands-on experience with building data visualizations
- Understanding of or ability to learn Salesforce reporting and analytics
- Have an excellent understanding of Splunk, especially dashboarding and integration with other applications using REST API
- Experience or knowledge of Data-Driven Decision-Making (DDDM) approach
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.