Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian's Connectivity team is seeking a Sr. Data Engineer to join our cross-functional team which is building data services from ground up. As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will partner closely with other engineers and scientists to design, implement, and iterate data pipelines using modern Big Data technologies. You will work with business teams to understand customer needs and innovate to tackle the challenges. You will be responsible for promoting engineering best practices on data management and keeping the high bar for data quality.
This is what you’ll do:
- Design and implement secure, scalable, high-performance and resilient data applications using modern Big Data technologies
- Build, analyze, and present actionable data insights to help improve connectivity health and to drive business decisions
- Design, extend, and review data architecture, model, flow, and integration – be hands on and involved with every stage of the software development life cycle
- Partner with software engineers and data scientists to meet the need of upstream and downstream dependencies
- Develop state-of-the-art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practice for software engineering
- Keep up to date with the evolving Big Data technology, share the knowledge across the organization by enabling best practices, standards, governed processes and relevant technologies.
This is what you’ll need:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand complex business problems and provide software solutions.
- 5-8 years of experience in the data engineering and software development life cycle.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in building and maintaining production data applications, current experience in both relational and distributed columnar date stores
- Deep experience using SQL, Python, and Spark
- Hands-on experience with Big-data technologies (e.g. Redshift, Athena, Glue, EMR, Kinesis, Step Function, or equivalent in other web services)
This is where you'll work:
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.