Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is a Senior Data engineer position on the Rivian Enterprise Data Platform team reporting to the Senior Data Engineering Manager, IT Services.
The goal of the Rivian Enterprise Data Platform team is to enable timely, effective and safe sharing of data to multiple engineering, operations and business teams at Rivian for building world class data products
- Build data ingestion and processing pipelines to enable data analytics and data science use-cases in areas of digital commerce, service operations, charging, reliability, finance , capex, warranty, customer service and others.
- Build modular set of data services using Python, SQL, AWS Glue, lambdas, API Gateway, Kafka, data build tool (dbt), Apache Spark on EMR among others
- Build automated unit and integration testing pipelines using frameworks like PySpark
- Create and manage CICD pipelines with Gitlab CI and AWS Code Pipeline/CodeDeploy
- Automate and schedule jobs using Managed Airflow
- Build the ODS and reporting schemas and load the data into AWS Redshift or Snowflake
- Design and build data quality management services with Apache Deequ and data observability tools like Splunk, DataDog , CloudWatch
- Provide a variety of query services with REST, Athena/Presto, server sent events
- Configure and setup the enterprise data lineage and meta data management and data catalog support using tools like Collibra/Alation
- Assist the data scientist within the data engineering team as well as other software engineering teams with data cleansing, wrangling and feature engineering
- Ensure green builds for deployment and work with program management and senior leads to burn down planned deliverables in a sprint cycle
- At least 5+ years building data and analytics platforms using AWS Cloud , Python and SQL
- Knowledge of AWS technologies specifically MSK, EMR, Athena, Glue, lambdas, API Gateway as well as Python, SQL is a must
- Knowledge of modern data tools like dbt (data build tool) and Airflow orchestration is highly desired
- Ability to assist SQL analysts and Tableau developers in business teams in creating the right set of materialized views in a SQL data warehouse like Redshift/Snowflake
- Knowledge of automation and CICD best practices
- Familiarity with machine learning and data science ecosystems especially AWS Sagemaker and Databricks is highly preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.