Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is looking to hire a Senior BI Analyst for its growing team to support our Operations Finance organization, based out of our site in Palo Alto.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Reporting and Business Partnering
- Lead the analytics and business intelligence function for Operations Finance by designing and executing our data and reporting strategy
- Automate recurring reports and live dashboards for key metrics across the Operations organization
- Serve as a trusted partner to the Operations organization by articulating, reviewing, and analyzing financial forecasts
- Organize and structure monthly reporting and forecasting processes for the Operations finance team
- Data Management and Analytics
- Integrate Operations Finance’s master data into the central data warehouse and set up reporting cadence accordingly
- Prepare and present insightful analysis to support leadership in decision-making and improve financial forecast accuracy
- Proactively work with Operations, Accounting, IT, and Finance BI team to improve data quality
- System Implementation Support
- Partner with Finance BI team and support financial planning system implementation project, collecting feedback and setting up UAT to ensure system’s functionalities
- Identify opportunities to automate and increase operational efficiency, and propose solution options, and implement solutions
- Conduct system training sessions for Operations finance team
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill with the ability to connect data from multiple sources and build financial systems from the ground up
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth and ambiguous environment with imperfect data
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to step-back and see the big picture
- Ability to communicate business implications from data in a clear and concise manner, written and verbally
- Ability to partner and communicate well with people of various backgrounds and levels
- Expert at Excel, and a strong proficiency with PowerPoint required
- Hands-on development experience with SQL and one or more major BI/ Data Analytics tools (Power BI, Power Query, Tableau, R, Python, etc.) required
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Experience using Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, etc. is a huge plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Data Science, Engineering, or relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in Finance, Business Intelligence, Data Science, Consulting, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, or Logistics
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Finance
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.