Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position you will build and manage a highly scalable Big Data architecture with high volumes & variety of data from business applications. You will create and manage a highly performant and comprehensive self-service platform with modern data architecture styles for data ingestion, processing, storage and querying adhering to high standards of software engineering practices.
- Solve complex analytical requirements using software engineering tools.
- Implement tools and technologies to accelerate the self-service analytics platform for multiple stakeholders across the company.
- Build a data platform with best in class software engineering practices and high quality data.
- Create architectural standards to design a modern data stack for highly scalable and resilient data pipelines with streaming and batch processing, highly scalable processing and storage layer conducive for a self service data analytics. Some of the tools in play are Kafka/Kinesis/SQS, Glue, Spark, Redshift/Spectrum and Athena, Dremio
- Continuous research of the latest data technologies like time series database/graph databases to provide new capabilities and continuously increase efficiency.
- Build data applications to provide real-time data alerts & analysis
- Passion for Software & data engineering, pioneering data technologies and architecture. Ability to understand complex business problems and provide software solutions.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Desire to work across multiple business domain and enable them to do their analysis at an accelerated pace. Excellent communication skills to collaborate with multiple Engineering, IT & business teams.
- 10+ years of experience in software and data engineering and extensive experience in building petabytes scale Big Data architecture using AWS services & open-source technologies.
- Extensive hands-on experience in building data solutions and architecture using AWS & open-source services like S3, Redshift, SQS, Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, Athena, Sagemaker, ElasticSearch etc.
- Strong data base knowledge in NOSQL, Timeseries, Columnar, graph and relational databases.
- Hands-on experience in one or more programming languages like Java, Python, Scala.
- Prefer Real-life production experience in creating architecture for Data Science teams to build, train & scale machine learning models.
- Good understanding of statistical models and machine learning algorithms.
- Bachelors/Masters in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.