Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Infotainment/Camera Imaging and Computer Vision team delivers imaging technology and features underlying Rivian’s adventure user experiences and services. This multi-disciplinary team brings expertise in cameras, algorithms, performance software on state-of-the art compute platforms, and validation to the actual product. As an Image Processing Algorithm Engineer you will research and develop computer vision algorithms for vehicle security, and collaborate with other domain experts to bring our innovations from concept to product.
- Collaborate with image quality testing engineers to optimize image quality and algorithm performance across a wide range of environmental conditions.
- Analyze new imaging sensors, lenses, and camera imaging architectures.
- Develop and maintain end to end algorithm models for multi-camera imagers.
- Provide simulations to analyze and showcase potential Rivian infotainment imaging experiences.
- Collaborate with platform software engineers to co-optimize algorithms and software implementation.
- Masters in EE/Computer Science/Physics with relevant emphasis in image processing, optics, or signal processing.
- 5 years relevant hands-on experience including one R&D development cycle transferring algorithm results to a platform.
- Solid understanding of key image processing algorithms and problems around multi-camera imagers including blending, color correction, HDC.
- Good written communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent with modelling and programming in MATLAB/Python and C/C++.
- Familiarity with sensor/camera component interactions.
- PhD in EE/Computer Science/Physics with relevant emphasis in image processing, optics, or signal processing.
- Track record of innovative thinking as evidenced by patents and peer-reviewed publications.
- Understanding and preferably hands-on experience with deep learning frameworks and Neural Network processing architectures.
- Experience with compute engines and tools for Graphics, Computer Vision, ML/AI.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.