Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Create fleet-level monitoring –
- Implement ETL for BMS – Develop data storage approaches for ETL that blend search response time criteria with fidelity requirements of the search. The balance of speed vs time will depend heavily on the needs of the analysis, response time, as well as the physics of the data
- Deploy ETL Tasks – Collaborate with stakeholders to deploy critical jobs, including those that will be safety-related. Ensure that capabilities or jobs are vetted and tested before deploying
- Support Critical Issue Resolution for High-Profile Assets
- Root Cause Analysis – Support BMS team in root cause analysis by providing data support to help identify potential similar issues or causes for issues in data.
- Fleet Analysis – Work with multiple stakeholders, as needed, to pull vehicle data from multiple vehicles for fleet-level analysis. Goal is to either learn about, or protect, Rivian’s prototype vehicles by standing up new capabilities for ETL based on data, in many cases on new signals recently added by BMS.
- Create streaming jobs for real-time, BMS related fleet metrics
- Develop Metrics – Collaborate with vehicle-facing stakeholders to develop metrics for real- time vehicle monitoring. Balance data processing time/resources, fidelity, and other criteria to optimize
- Implement and Deploy – Implement real-time streaming jobs based on stakeholder needs. Test and verify capability are ready, including reporting or display method. Deploy to vehicle in collaboration with stakeholders.
- 3+ years’ work experience in data science performing ETL and data analysis on large datasets (terabyte to petabyte scale)
- Strong Python coding skills, with experience with quantitative libraries (specifically including Pandas, PySpark) required
- Experience with databases such as SQL and NoSQL
- Strong cloud experience, preferably AWS
- Experience with analyzing CAN and Ethernet data is a huge plus
- Strong quantitative skills
- REST API experience preferred
- Experience with Kubernetes, EMR, or cluster computing/management is preferred
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering preferred
Department: Battery Management Systems
Location: Irvine CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.