Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As an Image Processing Engineer you will be part of the Perception team at Rivian. Our perception team is a diverse group of algorithm developers focused on creating a real-time virtual representation of the local environment around the autonomous vehicle as well as determining where the vehicle is in the world, both globally and relative to its environment. This is accomplished by various detection algorithms on sensors (cameras/lidars/radars). The data from multiple sensors including cameras, radars, LIDARs, GPS, IMU, and ultrasonic sensors are then fused to create a complete understanding of the surroundings.
- Work directly with computer vision perception engineers, and camera ISP engineers.
- Define the image quality requirements for autonomous vehicle use cases, developing image processing algorithms to optimizing the camera image quality for performance improvement of computer vision applications in self-driving perception systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more of the following: Camera ISP pipelines, 3A, computer vision algorithms, computational photography, image sensor, imaging system.
- Experience with one or more of the following computer vision/image processing algorithm developments: feature extraction, feature matching, image transformation, filtering, compression, denoising.
- Experience with camera ISP imaging pipeline or imaging algorithms.
- Experience with image quality metrics and evaluation.
- C/C++ programming experience
- Experience in writing technical and architecture documents , coding practices and code reviews and software development life cycle.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product.
- Master's degree or above in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in automotive imaging applications or evaluations
- Software development, optimization and productization experience
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.