Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Camera, Imaging and Computer Vision team delivers Intelligent Vision & Imaging technologies and features underlying Rivian’s adventure user experiences. This multi-disciplinary team architects, designs, develops and productizes state-of- the-art algorithms and SW stacks on various compute platforms, and across multiple vehicle system architectures. As a Computer Vision Data Scientist, you will research and build large datasets and infrastructure pipelines to extend the performance of our computer vision algorithms and deep learning models for vehicle security, safety, and driver assistance. You will also expand your horizons to collaborate with other domain experts to bring our innovations from concept to product.
- Manage data collection and curation for various computer vision and deep learning use cases on vehicle.
- Work with algorithm engineers, system/software engineers, and test engineers to understand the features from vehicle data.
- Develop metrics and statistical models that interpret data into insights and improve engineering performance.
- Work on the data infrastructure to support data analytics and annotation using computer vision and deep learning techniques.
- MS in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, or equivalent field, with 3 years of industry experience, a PhD degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong programming skills with C++, Python, or related languages.
- Strong background in using Python libraries (NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning and deep learning techniques.
- Solid background in image processing and computer vision.
- Experience in building datasets for computer vison tasks.
- Experience in data analysis and data mining.
- Good written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Experience in working with large datasets and developing infrastructure pipelines
- Hands-on experience with AWS services like Sagemaker, S3, etc.
- Experience in automotive electronics and/or consumer electronics.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.