We are looking for an experienced analyst who has a passion for data management, is detail-oriented, likes solving big problems, understands technical systems, and can effectively communicate with team members and business partners. In this role, you will be key in creating the foundation for data-based decision-making across Okta's functional business teams and will work with internal customers to identify ways to establish foundational architecture and processes that enable data integrity and fidelity.
- Engage with stakeholders and business teams to understand priorities and identify opportunities to advance their analytics and insights solutions
- Design and implement standards around management of key reference data to ensure fidelity
- Partner with multiple teams to identify areas of opportunity to automate business processes
- Proactively identify processes for improvements, standardization, and institutionalization
- Identify trends and key drivers of metrics to unveil insights
- Document in-depth business requirements across a variety of business functions
- Define, implement, and test new data sources and transformations
- Collaborate with Data Engineering on requirements and enhancements to existing data pipelines, data sets, and data platforms
- Support new tool and technology assessments to improve stakeholder adoption
- Take ownership of successful completion for project activities
- Drive adoption and best practices of new data sources, solutions, and processes
- BS in CS, MIS, related technical degree
- 8+ years' experience as a Data Analyst
- 5+ years' hands-on SQL experience in a work environment
- Experience with data management, documenting process and data flows, and data quality
- Experience with building reports and visualizations to represent data in Tableau or similar data visualization tools
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate with technical and non-technical teams
- Experience with ETL processes and SDLC using Python/Java, and Snowflake
- Familiarity with data governance and report/data catalog applications (Collibra, Alation, Data.world, Monte Carlo, Dbt)
- Familiarity with Account Hierarchy and Customer Masterdata Management principles
- Familiarity with SCRUM operating model and tracking work via a tool such as Jira
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.