At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft needs experienced engineers from a breadth of disciplines. Our team has a history of enabling rich and creative features that set the standard for the ride-sharing industry. We constantly innovate and incorporate cutting-edge technologies to make the lives of our community more enriched.
A Test Automation Engineer will be the driving force behind a comprehensive test strategy to complement our test automation. This is a hands-on position with a strong ownership to the delivery of high-quality products. You will schedule and participate in internal testing events, collaborate closely with product feature teams as they develop new features, and ensure we wow our customers with quality.
- Your primary responsibility is to plan, design and develop test strategy for all of our products on mobile apps, web and our back-end services.
- Perform exploratory testing and assist in the identification and design of test automation
- Improve our existing test automation frameworks and infrastructure and support engineers in writing additional tests
- Develop test plans through cross-functional collaboration and work to identify/automate test cases as needed
- Maintain existing tests, monitor failures and report bugs
- Design and implement test strategy to improve efficiency in manual testing
- Build and maintain systems to monitor test stability and report stability issues back to engineers
- 4+ years of experience in developing and documenting test plan, test cases and reporting bugs for complex features
- Solid experience in building automation frameworks and writing reliable and maintainable automated tests
- Have worked on web/mobile platform and have a very good understanding of and ability to troubleshoot the testing ecosystem (plus points for mobile experience)
- Strong object-oriented programming experience with Python or Java
- Deep understanding of microservices architecture, testing methodologies for microservice architecture, etc.
- Track record of improving efficiency, especially through automation
- Ability to balance short-term and long-term priorities
- Have significant experience and willingness to work with other teams such as engineering, product and release teams
- Ability to constantly think ahead and build for future changes in an ever-changing mobile ecosystem
- Shows a passion for learning, especially through looking at new processes and tools that have significant impact on engineering teams
- Experience of prioritizing and coordinating work across a large number of product teams is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional and stable working environment.
- The latest technology and equipment you need.
- English classes with native speakers.
- 18 weeks of paid paternity leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- 28 calendar days for vacation and up to 10 paid days off.
- Spacious office facing the National Library + opportunity to work remotely.
- Medical & Dental insurance.
- Unlimited snacks and drinks, you’ll never stay hungry with us!