At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Data Science is at the heart of Lyft’s products and decision-making. As a member of the Science team, you will work in a dynamic environment, where we embrace moving quickly to build the world’s best transportation. Data Scientists take on a variety of problems ranging from shaping critical business decisions to building algorithms that power our internal and external products. In our Transit, Bikes, and Scooter (TBS) division, we are building the future of micromobility and the hardware products that will power it. We are looking for data scientists who are passionate about hardware and excited to support all facets of hardware development and optimization.
You will report to a Data Science Manager in the TBS Science org.
- Leverage data to build analytic frameworks to shape product and business cases for new shared e-bikes, e-scooters, and urban vehicle docking hardware products and features
- Help shape hardware engineering decisions using data from products in the field, experiments, or simulations
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and operators to translate analytical insights into decisions and action
- Design and analyze experiments; communicate results and act on launch decisions
- Develop analytical frameworks to monitor hardware business and product performance
- Degree in a quantitative field (advanced degrees preferred), or relevant work experience
- Professional or educational experience with engineering or hard science fields. Hands-on experience with hardware engineering or hardware products preferred.
- 3+ years of industry or research experience in a data science or analytics role
- Proficiency in SQL – able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience in programming, especially with data science and visualization libraries in Python or R
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional partners
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.