At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
The Klaviyo Data Science team enjoys tackling real-world problems and the excitement that comes with building new features that users love. We speak directly with users so we can understand the issues they face and then build software to alleviate these problems. We love to move fast, keep learning, and get stuff done.
Klaviyo operates a real-time data platform coded in Python built for massive scale on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Engineers come to Klaviyo with experience in a variety of languages and from a number of disciplines.
The Creative Guidance Team is experimenting with ways to guide Klaviyo users and enable them to create engaging content more quickly, easily, and frequently. The team recently launched Showcase, an algorithmically selected library of high-performing email and SMS campaigns sent with Klaviyo that users can search through for creative inspiration for their next campaign. The team is actively conducting a number of experiments to help streamline and simplify the creative process. We’re also working on a subject line generator powered by GPT-3 that enables users to quickly generate subject line ideas for email campaigns.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Creative Guidance Team, you will primarily be responsible for prototyping and testing new features that utilize NLP models like GPT-3 to generate copy for users. You will also be responsible for helping us improve and expand our Showcase product, in addition to designing and productionalizing new features with the intent of adding value to users along their creative journey. You will work directly with other engineers as well as data scientists, designers, and product managers to help shape a core part of the Klaviyo user experience.
Technologies we use (not comprehensive!):
- Python (numpy, pandas, scipy, sklearn, Django)
- React, Typescript
- Amazon Web Services (ECS, EC2, RDS, Aurora, etc.)
How you will make a difference:
- Use cutting-edge technologies like GPT-3 to build features that simplify the creative process for tens of thousands of users and help propel their businesses forward
- Work on a highly-collaborative team, pushing yourself to be a better engineer and to give and receive feedback that will make your team, your teammates, your manager, and you stronger
- Play an active role in all parts of our process including setting the roadmap, addressing bugs and customer concerns, and planning and leading the technical execution of team projects
- Ship code early & often in an agile fashion, collaborating with other engineers as well as data scientists, designers and product managers to craft better software by soliciting feedback directly from end users
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.