At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
The Klaviyo Data Science team loves programming and the excitement that comes with building something people use. We are the kind of people that love talking to users and can find the balance between solving a problem quickly and thinking about how code will scale in the future. We love to move fast, keep learning, and get stuff done.
Klaviyo operates a real-time data platform coded in Python built for massive scale on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Engineers come to Klaviyo with experience in a variety of languages and from a number of disciplines.
Our data science team takes ideas from inception to new machine learning-powered features that ship to our hundreds of thousands of users. You’ll be central to creating features that help our customers learn and grow from their data.
We love tackling tough engineering problems and are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer who is versatile across both front end and back end development, passionate about building, owning & scaling features end to end from scratch and breaking through any obstacle or technical challenge in their way.
Technologies we use (not comprehensive!):
- Numpy, Scipy, Pandas
- Aurora, Cassandra, Kafka
Klaviyo is growing fast and we have openings for all skill levels across all of our teams. Learn more about our engineering culture at https://klaviyo.tech and listen to our data science team podcast at https://medium.com/klaviyo-data-science
How you will make a difference:
- Build features built on data science that thousands of our customers rely on daily to reach 100M+ of consumers to drive their business forward
- Ship code early & often in an agile fashion, pairing with product management to craft better software by soliciting feedback from thousands of end users
- Be empowered to own the mission, technical direction and operations of projects that have immediate impact
- Test data science algorithms and techniques on data sets and engineer data systems that let non-technical users make decisions with their first party data in real time
- Advance your technical skills in all facets ranging from front end web development and user experience to machine learning and massively parallelized data pipelines
- Contribute to the company as a subject matter expert in multiple areas, constantly pushing yourself to be a better engineer and to level up all of your peers within your team and within Klaviyo
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience in a fast-paced SaaS environment
- Enjoy working with new technologies ranging from the frontend to backend, and are particularly passionate and an expert in multiple stack areas
- Deep knowledge of object oriented programming and experience with at least one object oriented programming language (Python, C++, Java, C#, Ruby)
- Experience with database technologies such as SQL, PL/SQL and relational database schema design in production
- Experience with developing test strategies, designing automation frameworks, writing unit/functional tests to drive up code coverage and automation metrics
- Have a bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer science, applied math, statistics or other relevant quantitative discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here. Additional information regarding benefits can be found here.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.