Gusto is looking for a strong software engineer to join our Data Platform team.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the Role
We are looking for a Data Platform Engineer to build and maintain the data pipeline architecture at Gusto, as well as associated applications for teams to effectively use data. You will be working in the Data Platform team and collaborating closely with the Data Science and Business Intelligence teams to help them achieve their goals.
The Data Platform role is a software development role with knowledge of data architectures and the delivery of data in a reliable way. The ideal candidate is passionate about developing software, working with data, and understanding the needs of end users.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Be an owner as you architect, build, and refine our data infrastructure technologies that enable other teams to work with data.
- Efficiently handle vast amounts of clickstream, database and third party application data, processing in batch and real-time
- Take full ownership of the solutions you build. This means analyzing requirements, building them, monitoring them in production, and troubleshooting problems that arise.
- Work as part of a team. We value team players who share their knowledge and like collaborating with others.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- At least 3 years of software engineering experience (Python, Ruby or Java).
- Experience building solutions with AWS services (Redshift, MSK, EMR).
- Ability to turn vague requirements into clear deliverables with minimal guidance
- Experience building and maintaining a modern data stack in production
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $110,000-$187,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $140,000-$234,000/yr for San Francisco. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.