Ekata provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
Our Identity Network team provides the data for our data scientists – both in terms of labeled transactions for experimentation and model training, and for calculating features for production evaluation of transactions over the deployed models. This involves various processing steps on a large amount of incoming transactions – including the calculation of various complex features called the network signals –, which we execute with distributed computations.
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer to help our team improve and maintain our big data pipelines at scale. Our group is contributing directly to the success of the Ekata Identity Engine by building systems that process terabytes of transaction data every day.
In the Big Data Engineer role you will:
- Design and develop our mission-critical big data processing systems using Apache Spark and related technologies
- Develop deep understanding of Spark and its internals to continually optimize our computations for runtime and cost efficiency
- Maintain a sufficiently generic yet simple and economical solution
- Insist on highest coding standards, follow and create best practices for clean code and architecture
- Manage a sense of urgency and risks on project timelines and proposes creative strategies for delivering constant business value
- Develop deep understanding of data, get a good sense of signal vs noise to help business with shape new products
Our ideal Big Data Engineer will have:
- Experience building complex ETLs, Data Warehousing or custom pipelines from multiple data sources, including proper monitoring, alerting, verification, and metrics in a commercial environment.
- Experience with the Apache Spark ecosystem in a production environment (advantage).
- Experience working with AWS EMR, Databricks and/or similar platforms (advantage).
- Passion for diving deep in data and insights.
- Strong sense of urgency and bias for results.
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Basic AWS Cloud experience with EMR, S3, EC2 and ElastiCache in a big data environment
- Proven track record building multi-tenant scalable enterprise software in cloud
- Fundamentals around JVM and garbage collection optimization understanding
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related area
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make an impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Hungary, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.