We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
The Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (C&I) team is responsible for product management and innovative product development of products and services to address the evolving risk & cyber security needs of all of MasterCard’s various customer segments. The C&I team was established with the responsibility to safeguard all aspects of safety and security in payments and have made great strides with new products, services and standards, positively impacting all aspects of our current and future payment eco-system.
Ekata, a Mastercard company, is the global standard in identity verification, providing businesses worldwide the ability to link any digital transaction to the human behind it. Our Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only of its kind, uses complex machine learning to combine features derived from the billions of transactions within our proprietary network and the data from our graph to deliver industry leading risk assessment solutions.
Fight fraud, take on challenges, lead, learn, and innovate. Join our team of software engineers to build new systems from the ground up and reimagine others. Our Graph and Tools Team takes on projects that are impactful and offer the unique opportunity to level up on a broad range of skills. You may, for example, choose to learn and improve how we construct our Identity Graph via Apache Spark, design and help implement a new microservice, and then lead a cross-team effort to build a vital new backend process.
Ekata provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to help our team improve and scale a key component of Ekata’s Identity Engine. Our group’s core responsibility is the Identity Graph – state-of-the-art technology linking businesses back to humanity (people, businesses, locations, phone numbers, email addresses, and URLs).
In this role You will:
- Design and develop our mission-critical big data processing systems using Apache Spark, Airflow, and related
- Apply a deep understanding of Apache Spark internals to continually optimize our computations for runtime and cost
- Build and maintain tools to evaluate product
- Insist on highest coding standards, follow and create best practices for clean code and
- Develop deep understanding of data, get a good sense of signal vs noise to help businesses with shaping new
- Impact system architecture and improve overall system efficiency with growing business
- Provide mentorship and hold system overview
All About You:
- 5+ years of proven experience as a software engineer and executing full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Sound understanding of functional (preferred) or object-oriented programming, data-oriented programming, languages, algorithms, data structures
- Aptitude to learn new languages and technologies as necessary
- Self-motivation and ability to deliver on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Ability to gather and document requirements and specifications
- Ability to write clean, readable, and maintainable code that follows best practices
- Passion for diving deep in data and insights
- Strong sense of urgency, bias for results, and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies, test plan development
- Experience with the Apache Spark ecosystem in a production environment
- Experience working with AWS EMR, Databricks, and/or similar platforms
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.