Machine Learning Engineer – Multilingual
Engineering & Tech Operations | San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
The Agreement Intelligence Platform team builds Machine Learning solutions that power insights and automation for the entire DocuSign Agreement Cloud. We have built industry-leading Document AI products and features, all leveraging an enormous wealth of text and image data and deep computer vision and natural language models. Our group is pioneering the Smart Agreement Cloud of the future and we’re looking for experienced, driven, and diverse industry experts who want to be part of building that future together. No matter who our customer is, where they do business, or what they’re agreeing on, our team would like to simplify and optimize their business processes around contract negotiation, execution, and post-signature analysis. Our ultimate goal is to make the world more agreeable by empowering all of our customers with automated expertise.
We’re looking for passionate, talented, and inventive engineers to build out the machine learning platform and infrastructure that will power DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud. You will help support all aspects of the machine learning lifecycle, including the research platform, training and deployment systems, and scalable serving infrastructure. Our team is responsible for building a platform that supports an international team of machine learning engineers and data scientists and can serve AI solutions to DocuSign at scale.
This role will be a part of the Foundations Machine Learning team at DocuSign, which builds analytics products that utilize AI, machine learning, and cutting-edge CV/NLP deep learning based models to provide insights for the DocuSign Agreement Cloud. Our team is distributed across the Bay Area, Seattle, Europe, and Egypt and you will be working collaboratively across these teams.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Lead Engineer and is designated Flex.
- Think about how to solve and automate problems at scale, and build fault tolerant systems with enterprise-grade security and reliability
- Drive testing, releases, and monitoring of machine learning based products
- Write high quality, shippable code across the stack that is easy to maintain and test
- Collaborate with Machine Learning and Product teams to ensure successful and timely delivery of new products and features
- Work collaboratively across different time zones and geographies
- Develop highly scalable and reliable machine learning infrastructure that can perform model training and evaluation.
- Build vital tools and infrastructure to monitor and understand the performance of complex systems.
- Support the team to deploy models in a mission critical environment.
- Help our applied scientists build production ML and DL models at scale.
- B.S., M.S in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience with Python, C#, or any object oriented programming language
- Experience building/consuming RESTful web-services
- Experience with CI/CD build pipelines, integrated tests, and test-driven development
- Experience with designing and scaling fullstack or distributed backend systems
- Experience with building carrier grade availability services
- Ideal candidates have past experience in building applications such as data pipelines, data caching/storage systems, and/or RPC services
- Previous experience with developing machine learning infrastructure or experience in using GPUs is a plus.
- Experience with deployment and monitoring of machine learning models
- Familiarity with cloud deployment technologies, such as Kubernetes or Docker containers
- Experience in agile and test-driven development methodologies
- Ability and desire to move across technology stacks fluently and easily
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.