Lead Product Manager – Data Science
Engineering & Tech Operations | San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers, and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
DocuSign's Product Data Science team is looking for a Lead Product Manager to lead the development of high-impact data products and product insights to grow adoption of feature usage across the agreement cloud. You will work closely with key stakeholders and product managers across the organization to combine the voice and needs of the users and business requirements to create both high-level roadmaps and detailed delivery plans of features. The ideal candidate is a seasoned data product manager with a strong grasp of data science, analytics, and building data products with a proven track record of managing several multi-year product roadmaps simultaneously. This candidate builds fantastic relationships across all levels of the organization and is recognized as a problem solver that looks to elevate the work of everyone around them. If you are passionate about building products and capabilities that enable a culture of test & learn, and data-driven product development, then this could be a great role for you.
The Product Data Science team works on some of the most impactful and challenging problems in the Software industry. We are a highly collaborative and customer-centric cross-border group with the purpose of enabling a culture of data-driven product development at DocuSign. We do this by providing fast and easy access to quality data and insights to the product organization, building data and AI-driven products and capabilities for our customers, and enabling experimentation into a seamless part of the product development lifecycle to enable smarter decision-making and better product development.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Principal Product Manager and is designated Flex.
- Lead the vision, strategy, roadmap, and delivery of high impact data products and product insights to drive feature adoption, product experience, and customer engagement
- Drive vision and requirements for new data science model and capabilities and translate them into functional specifications, high-level roadmap, and detailed delivery plan
- Partner with data scientists and product managers, help define the vision and roadmap for the experimentation capabilities
- Help create a culture of rapid testing and learning by building capabilities that are strategic and holistic that enable easy planning, delivery, and analysis of experiments
- Evaluate and drive trade-off decisions and prioritization-based user needs, LOE, dependencies, reach, and business impact
- Establish strong relationships in engineering, product, and business teams across DocuSign
- Develop detailed product specifications with user scenarios and acceptance criteria and success measures.
- Use a metrics-driven product development approach. Define success measures for roadmap items and demonstrate measurable impact on those success metrics
- 12+ years in product management experience with building and delivering successful data products, data platforms, and capabilities
- Strong experience with data science, analytics, A/B testing, and data technologies
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Qlik/Qlikview, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Hands-on experience SQL (i.e. MySQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience with cloud solutions (Azure, AWS, Snowflake, etc.) for data & ML applications and product analytics such as Mixpanel, Amplitude, Optimizely, Google Analytics, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of agile/scrum product development
- BS/MS in quantitative fields (Statistics, Math, CS or Engineering)
- Advanced degree (MS or MBA) is a plus
- Experience with or knowledge of machine learning (i.e. linear/logistic regression, etc.) and statistical analysis
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and juggle competing priorities and make decisions in ambiguous situations
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis and quantitative analysis techniques
- Strong leadership skills especially the ability to lead through influence across functional and organizational lines
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment, drive change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners
- Experience presenting to and working with senior leaders
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.