IT, InfoSec, Cyber Risk & Business Operations | Seattle, WA and San Francisco, CA
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our IT, InfoSec, Cyber Risk & Business Ops team – is in the business of trust and reliability. We create, maintain and operate scalable technology and data solutions that deliver an exceptional experience for our internal & external customers. We embrace Agile principles and values, favor DevOps practices, and view infrastructure as code, all while we create an infrastructure that scales and supports our growth and ambitious vision. This requires a smart, highly collaborative team who can identify, investigate, and implement new technologies to continue securely scaling our global business.
DocuSign is seeking a talented and results oriented Data Engineer to focus on delivering trusted data to the business. As a member of the Global Data and Analytics Team, the Data Engineer leverages a variety of technologies to load, transform, and prepare data sets of all shapes and sizes for teams around the world. During a typical day, the Data Engineer will spend time analyzing data, developing solutions with ETL tools, and loading tested data sets into the Snowflake Enterprise Data Warehouse. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive “can do” attitude, a passion for learning and growing, and the drive to work hard and get the job done in a timely fashion. This Individual Contributor position provides plenty of room to grow — a mix of challenging assignments, a chance to work with a world-class team, and the opportunity to use innovative technologies such as AWS, Snowflake, and Data Lake tools.
This role is an individual contributor role reporting to Business Intelligence Manager and is designated Flex.
- Work with business leaders to define requirements for data projects
- Develop and update a project plan/task list and keep all parties updated on progress
- Analyze source system APIs, data schema, and data profiles to define what is possible
- Define and document solution designs, with feedback from team members and technical architects
- Develop and own ETL data pipeline and data model solutions for integrating new data sets into Snowflake
- Own, monitor, and improve automated solutions to ensure quality and performance objectives are met
- Execute projects using Agile Scrum methodologies
- Identify recurring issues or “value-add” areas and proposes process, data, and/or systematic solutions
- Interface with analytics development teams to validate test results for new applications verifying that they meet the requirements of the business group
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Systems, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in data warehouse engineering (OLAP) Snowflake, Teradata, Redshift
- 2+ years of experience with transactional databases (OLTP) Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- 2+ years of experience with two or more commercial ETL tools – Informatica, Matillion, Talend, Pentaho, SSIS
- 2+ years delivering ETL solutions from source systems: databases, APIs, flat-files, XML, JSON
- 2+ years of data modeling, building dimensional schemas
- Proven track record developing Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Strong developing code in one of the following languages: python, powershell, java
- Good working with job scheduling and monitoring systems
- Strong working with an Information Security mindset and implementing Data Handling controls
- Expert building BI Dashboards with tools like Qlik and Power BI
- Expert managing work assignments using tools like Jira and Confluence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $93,700 – $128,875 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits at https://www.docusign.com/company/benefits.
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.