The Director of our AI Consulting offering will be responsible for consulting with and educating our internal and external clients on the most effective ways to use the DISCO ediscovery software’s AI in defensible and efficient use cases. This education will be in the context of scoping individual matters with clients (whether managed review projects or standalone AI consulting engagements), leading internal education efforts for key stakeholders like the Review Managers, technology Project Managers, and participating in DISCO marketing and thought leadership efforts around AI-driven review and e-discovery offerings. The results of these efforts will be driving revenue and improving margins associated with AI-driven workflows, both directly (by engaging with clients) and indirectly (by engaging with internal stakeholders in DISCO’s Review, Professional Services, Sales, Marketing, and Product teams). Critical to the success of this role is having strong subject matter and client-facing skills to coach and help evolve clients on their e-discovery journeys. This role reports directly to the VP, Managed Review.
This person will advise DISCO client case teams, review managers, and project managers on how to optimally align features and workflows within the context of case-specific constraints, leveraging well-established best practices (including establishment and/or codification of new best practices). The right candidate will uplevel our approach each day with a passion to help improve client outcomes by leveraging the best technology in the market. Our ideal candidate for this role brings in-depth knowledge of traditional legal review management with a desire to help our clients – and the greater industry – evolve and innovate this work.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide client consultation within the context of client inputs and goals to use AI to optimize data populations for early data assessment, review, and production
- Engage with DISCO clients on active matters to expand their use of advanced workflows and features so as to increase the value they derive from our technology, including DISCO AI
- Responsible for day to day tactical delivery of AI Consulting services, whether in the context of AI consulting engagements separate from the consumption of DISCO’s Review services or in conjunction with Managed Review leaders who deliver the day-to-day Review services.
- Contribute to revenue generation from AI-driven workflows, as well as to margin improvements in the Managed Review business through the use of the same
- Coach, mentor, and develop AI-orientation and skills within the Professional Services team and other internal stakeholders to expand the internal knowledge and competency for many roles in discussing and advising clients on AI topics
- Responsible for development of productization of AI workflows and processes for the larger DISCO organization including documenting best practices and workflows
- Act as an escalation point for clients using AI, providing hands-on advisory services and leadership with client communications/deliverables when questions arise
- Identify and implement process improvement to continuously increase operational efficiency, quality, and scalability
- Provide input on strategic opportunities to improve operations and grow revenue
- Partner with sales team members by acting as an AI subject matter expert both during and following the sales process to drive AI adoption
- Partner with Sales Leadership and Sales Operations to align on strategy, reporting progress to meet quarterly and annual targets
- Act as a thought leader and subject matter expert in the market, sharing the successes and differentiation of DISCO’s AI, including in the context of white papers, webinars, and panel appearances.
- Partner with DISCO’s product team and AI lab to deeply understand AI functionality, provide product feedback, suggest new features
- Longer term, and in calibration with generating increased demand for AI consulting services and associated revenue, potentially grow a team of AI consultants including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and developing new talent and associated learning modules
Who You Are:
- Experienced leader with 7+ years of experience utilizing AI driven workflows and 5+ years of leading teams of consultants
- Excellent communicator – able to present complex technical details, articulate verbally and in writing, and able to instill confidence in clients, as well as in industry / conference audiences
- Possess a high degree of ediscovery experience and knowledge
- Have used and understand industry-standard review and production tools including Relativity, Everlaw, DISCO, etc.
- You are a consummate problem solver and have a strategic mindset
- You are a natural people manager who develops team members and enables them to become more effective and take on more significant responsibilities.
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k)
- Competitive salary plus RSUs
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
Are you ready to help us fulfill our mission to use technology to strengthen the rule of law? Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that DISCO has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy which requires all employees in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated, subject to applicable legal exemptions.