We’re looking for a Director to take our Data Protection and customer trust to the next level! This Director will be responsible for ensuring consumer and employee privacy through products and services, standards in engineering, and building services and platforms.
You will work across the company to ensure good Data Protection patterns are followed, assist in adding Data Protection features across a wide range of products, and produce the tooling for all privacy deep dives.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture – the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and drive adoption of privacy frameworks and best practices across the company, like privacy-centric data handling guidelines and technical privacy reference architecture.
- Define and track privacy and customer safety metrics.
- Work to protect our Customers’ Datadog accounts from compromise and/or misuse
- Work across the company to ensure systematic and uniform handling of data
- Act as a strategic partner to product teams. Work with engineering and product leaders – from ideation to implementation – crafting the product/technology strategy and roadmap for privacy, account security, mapping critical business priorities to dependencies, and aligning cross-functional roadmaps.
- Drive privacy and customer trust strategies with executive leadership, in close collaboration with legal, policy, and communications experts.
Who You Are:
- You have built customer safety and privacy functions within a product or cloud-native company
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when reviewing documentation
- Focus on building a diverse and inclusive organization
- Motivation and ability to grow talent by providing a proper mentorship and performance management environment while prioritizing empathy
- Understand the value of driving efficiencies through automation, orchestration, and partnerships with external teams
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.