We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Revenue Data Engineering Teams create the data processing pipelines that measure our customers’ usage across all Datadog products, providing vital insights to a broad variety of users. This group of teams is at the leading edge of any new product we release.
The Standalone Metering team is building a streaming system to ingest, process, and store our customers' usage across all Datadog products, providing vital insight to a broad variety of users. This new system will enable both internal and external customers to leverage data in new ways. The technology we’re creating will unlock our next level of scale, positioning our teams to support the next 3-5 years of product expansion and revenue growth.
- Build a distributed, high-volume streaming architecture
- Use various open-source and in-house technologies
- Work across the stack, moving fluidly between programming languages: Scala, Python and more
- Join a tightly knit team solving hard problems the right way
- Own meaningful parts of our processing infrastructure, have an impact, grow with the company
- An engineer with a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or have equivalent experience
- Experienced in building and operating data pipelines for real customers in production systems
- Fluent in several programming languages (JVM & otherwise)
- Skilled in wrangling huge amounts of data and enjoy exploring new data sets
- Someone who values code simplicity and performance
- Interested in working in a fast-paced, high growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You are deeply familiar with at least one streaming framework such as Flink, Dataflow, Beam, or Storm
- In addition to data pipelines, you’re also familiar with Kubernetes and cloud technology
- You’ve built your own data pipelines or data intensive applications from scratch, know what goes wrong, and have ideas for how to fix it
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.