We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We are building out a first-class Internal Analytics department composed of Data Engineers, Software Engineers, Analytics Engineers, Data Analysts, and Data Scientists. We ensure all teams at Datadog can easily self-serve the data and report they need to drive their projects and make decisions. If you’re excited to work on a fast-moving team using cutting-edge open-source technologies to collect, store, transform, analyze, and model data, we want to meet you.
- Build foundational (critical) analytics dashboards that are actionable and used across multiple teams at Datadog in order to make strategic decisions
- Facilitate data-driven decision making for Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, Marketing, and Finance, among other teams.
- Put in place solid analytics training for all Datadog teams so they can learn how to use our data and tools to answer questions and build analytics reporting for their team on their own
- Animate the communities of Analytics Ambassadors and Data Analysts
- Help Frontend Engineers within Internal Analytics to understand what new features to implements on our data exploration tools
- Perform data analysis for external teams who need our help and clearly communicate findings to a broad range of stakeholders including managers and executives across all departments
- Contribute to building the data modeling layer, which exposes clean transformed data to the whole company for analytics, based on our best-in-class code style guide
- You have 2+ years experience as a Data Analyst and mastered data analysis and visualization in a Business Intelligence tool such as Metabase, Looker, or Tableau
- You are fluent in writing analytical SQL, are able to write complex queries with no assistance, understand the difference between SQL that works and performant SQL
- You are a clear, concise communicator that works well with others
- You can explain complex datasets or queries to non-technical people in understandable ways
- You have a natural curiosity and investigative mindset – driven to know “why”
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment and thrive on both autonomy and collaboration
- You have worked on a team that has a thorough review process for code and reports
- You have worked with a data transformation tool such as dbt
- You have experience using the command line and Git
- You have some experience with data warehouses such as Redshift, BigQuery, or Snowflake
- You have a some experience with working with APIs and a programming language such as Python
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.