While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
You will be the Product Manager for the ML Platform on Databricks. Your counterpart engineering and cross-functional teams will build a best-in-class hosted ML Platform that enables customers of all sizes to deliver business impact through training and deploying ML models. This platform empowers any company in the world to harness the same technologies that drive the success of major tech companies heavily investing in their own proprietary ML platforms.
You will coordinate all product activities from vision to implementation, including engaging large enterprise customers to understand their needs, developing long-term product strategy, defining product roadmaps, working with engineering to build those products, and coordinating with various internal stakeholders (both pre- and post-launch) to ensure product success.
The impact you will have:
- Developed a deep understanding of customer needs and use-cases in the Data Science and Machine Learning domain.
- Created and communicated a competitive analysis of Data Science and ML solutions relevant to our customer's needs.
- Defined the end-to-end user experience for customer success beyond the scope of the ML Platform product and features.
- Took a feature from ideation / exploration with customers to full launch and rollout, including marketing plan and field enablement.
What we look for:
- 5+ years of Product Management or relevant Engineering Leadership position
- Educational background in computer science or related engineering practice
- Experience working with a Data Science/ML stack, including Python, Jupyter, Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow
- Understanding of Data Platforms, Machine Learning Frameworks, and common ML deployment patterns (e.g. batch scoring, online/real-time serving)
- Strong track record of delivering products with cross-functional teams common to enterprise software industry (field engineering, sales, marketing, partnerships, etc.)
- Analytical skills to make data-driven decisions (e.g. analyze product usage)
- Excellent communication skills to clearly and concisely communicate complex topics to diverse stakeholders (engineers, customers, etc.) in written and verbal form
- Experience in working closely with enterprise customers and channel partners in the enterprise software industry
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
As a federal government contractor, Databricks requires new U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Databricks will make reasonable accommodations based on medical conditions or religious grounds for qualified candidates in accordance with applicable law.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 5,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M, and over 40% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.