While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations within the United Kingdom.
As a Senior Pre-sales Solutions Architect (data engineering, analytics, AI, big data, public cloud), you will guide the technical evaluation phase in a hands-on environment throughout the sales process. You will be a key part of the sales team, acting as a technical advisor, and working with the product team as an advocate of your customers in the field. You will help our customers to achieve tangible data-driven outcomes through the use of our Databricks lakehouse platform, establishing a clear architectural vision and identifying compelling use cases, helping our customers realise value. You'll grow as a leader in your field, while finding solutions to our customers' biggest challenges in big data, analytics, data engineering and data science problems. You will report to the Manager, Field Engineering.
The impact you will have:
- You will be a big data engineering architecture and design expert
- Lead your clients through evaluating and adopting the Databricks lakehouse platform
- Support your customers by authoring reference architectures, how-tos, and demo applications
- Engage with the technical community (both internal and customer) by leading workshops, seminars and meet-ups
- Together with your Account Executive, you will form successful relationships with clients throughout your assigned territory to provide technical and business value
What we look for:
- Pre- or post-sales experience working with external clients providing thought leadership
- We are currently focussing on our Retail/CPG, Financial Services, Health/Life Sciences and Telco/Media verticals and would very much welcome such experience
- As this is a broad and varied role, you will have proven expertise in data, such as data engineering, architecture or data science
- Experience demonstrating technical concepts, including presenting and white-boarding
- Experience designing and implementing architectures within a public cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- You will have experience with at least some big data technologies, such as Spark, AI, data science, data engineering, Hadoop, Cassandra, or others
- Fluent coding experience in one or more of the following: Python, R, Java or Scala
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Data Science, or equivalent experience through demonstrable work experience
- Private medical, dental and cash refunds for health expenses
- Life, disability and critical illness coverage
- Group personal pension with company contribution
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 5,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M, and over 40% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.